Ladies Friendship Club Meeting Minutes 01/10/18
Date/Time: 01/10/18 12:30 pm Number attending: 40
Poem & Prayer by Sylvia Fenton, Chaplain, followed by lunch served
Treasurer’s report: We had $2,740.43 in our account in December. After donations to Activities Committee, Toys for Turning Points, Canine Companions, family who had a fire, and Wriststory bracelets to sell for fund-raising, the remaining balance is $1,917.12.
Minutes of previous meeting: approved as posted. Noted later in the meeting the previous minutes had an error for the date of the Fashion Show. Joyce will correct the date to be 3/7 instead of 3/1.
- Heidi Welcomed new members attending for the first time and those from SaraBay.
- A dedication was led by Sylvia Fenton for the “12 days of Christmas” boxes for Our Daily Bread which will be picked up at the end of meeting today.
- Announcement was made that we still need models for the Fashion Show on March 7 and also the Hillbilly skit for the last coffee hour in February to promote our Fashion Show. Any volunteers, see Heidi.
- An update was given on
- The Thrivent project ($250) for supplies for the homeless Veterans’ bags for Turning Points.
- The bracelets from Wriststory for our fund-raising. You can get them from Joyce and sell for $5 each.
- The Thrivent project ($250) to help the family in the park with roof damage due to the hurricane.
- Recipes were collected from those who remembered to bring them. Joyce will type and correlate them, but we need to have more. Please put your name on it so you can get credit for contributing.
- Luncheon & Bake Sale -- Sat, Feb. 3, 9-1 pm. Shirley needs kitchen help and donations of desserts for the luncheon. She asked for any suggestions for the menu. We will also need items donated for the Gift basket raffle and the bake sale.
- Fashion Show – Wed., March 7, 1-3 pm, and we still need volunteers to model. We would like to give away gift bags again, so need to have items donated for those. We also need a volunteer to put them together.
- Parkwide Sale – Sat, Mar 10, and we will not have garage sale items, but will sell hot dogs as usual
The next meeting will be Wednesday, Feb 14 at 12:30 pm. Remember to bring a recipe to share At the end of the meeting, we will be filling bags of backpack supplies for the homeless veterans coming through Turning Points.
Meeting was adjourned.
Joyce Nicholson, Secretary